Chicken Fajitas

I hear you... "Do these people eat anything other than chicken?"

"Roast chicken, chicken tacos, chicken quesadillas, chicken marsala... now chicken fajitas??"

All I can say is "cluck, cluck"!
Put some olive oil in a big frying pan. Slice up one good sized onion and throw it in there. Put some red pepper flakes in there (as many as you want... or none at all). You're the boss! Press 5 garlic cloves (or more, or less - it's whatever you want).
(See the pressed garlic on the bottom left?) Coarsely chop three tomatoes.

At this point I would tell you to slice up a few green bell peppers, but this ole gal wasn't going to pay $1.98 for a bell pepper, no way, no how! I used some canned, whole green chiles and sliced them for these fajitas.
Now slice one or two chicken breasts... as thin as you can get them. I seasoned them with black pepper, parsley, Old Bay Seasoning, and McCormick's Fajita Seasoning.
When the onions have cooked some, add the sliced green chiles. If you have the dough and want to use bell peppers, go ahead, but be sure to leave me a comment. I don't have any rich friends, and well, maybe we could get to know each other a little better.
Add the chopped tomatoes...
Now, push all the veggies over to the side of the pan. Put the sliced chicken on the other side of the pan and cook until done.

I like to use a huge pan for this, but you could easily use two pans... one to cook the veggies and one to cook the chicken. Just combine them in the end.
Open a jar of this good stuff...
... and put a good amount over the chicken.
Stir everything together until hot.
I heat up my cast iron skillet and put the fajitas on it to bring to the table. It's just more fun that way.

Now heat up some flour tortillas and wrap them around some of this yummy stuff and chow down! If you're really hungry, make up some beans and rice to go with this!

I promise we're not going to have chicken again for another week! (Or at least a couple of days.)

Popular posts from this blog

Poems of the Spanish Mystics

brad paisley shirtless photos