Chocolate Chip Cookie FAIL

My Dad is a very interesting man. He's done many different things in his life. Here's a few of the many things he has accomplished:



He has raised turkeys, raised sheep, raised Christmas trees, raised three girls. Owned and ran a sawmill, owned an ice cream parlor, owned and flew an airplane. Was a flight instructor, was manager of a hardware store, was a silversmith. Is a master craftsman with wood, is an early riser, is the best Dad ever!



And, shoot... I haven't even skimmed the surface of all the things he's done!



So, it didn't surprise us one little bit when some years ago, (even though he wasn't a 'regular' in the kitchen) he decided to make chocolate chip cookies.



Today's my birthday, so I'm taking life easy. No work for me today! My gardener fixed me a breakfast burrito this morning, and I've just been hanging out on the computer most of the day. (Oh, wait... I do that even when it's not my birthday!)



We're going out to dinner tonite (my gardener and I and the Havre Relatives), but this afternoon I decided it'd be fun (and you're supposed to have fun on your birthday) to make some chocolate chip cookies.



So I got out Dad's recipe, which makes a friggin' 100 cookies! Well, my gardener and I couldn't eat that many cookies, (or at least we shouldn't) so I cut the recipe in half.

Cream the butter.

Add the eggs and vanilla.

Add flour and baking powder, then add the chocolate chips and walnuts. A half-recipe called for 12 oz of chocolate chips, but by the time I added them, there was probably, oh, maybe 10 ounces (or nine).
So, you end up with a dough that looks yummy like this.Who wants to lick this beater? I know one baby girl that is goin' "Awww, Mom... I wish I was there to lick that beater!" "Could you just make some dough and mail it to me?"

I like to use my Pampered Chef Medium Scoop for cookies. It's item #2540 and you can buy one from the best Pampered Chef Consultant ever!
So I scooped the beautiful chocolate chip cookie dough onto my Silpat liner and put them in the oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes. (Isn't that a pretty picture?)Oops.
Uh-oh.
What the hey?
Hmm.
Looks like I made chocolate chip pancakes.


Maybe you just can't cut some recipes in half.



Popular posts from this blog

Poems of the Spanish Mystics

brad paisley shirtless photos