Hardly Strictly Moshpit

Went to the HSB fest in Golden Gate Park this weekend, and it was by far the best yet. As a travelling crew, we've finally got it down so it's minimal stress and maximal fun. And the music this year was Hot! Pictures here are a little small, I need a telephoto next year.
























Gogol Bordello was the biggest highlight. I had high expectations and they did not disappoint. They sound great and the live show is blindingly awesome.



Alison Krauss and Robert Plant were pretty amazing as well. He has definitely still go it and let's all pray she never loses it.

Heavy Trash is a band to watch for, if you like rockabilly. They started with a song calling out "Peter Cushing", "Hammer Horror" and so on, so they got a plus in my book. They look damn slick too.

We also saw Jerry Jeff, Iron and Wine (barely), the Gourds, Peter Rowan, Richard Thompson (I could see his beret with my binoculars), Bad Livers, Odetta, and Elvis Costello. Damn! And I feel like we missed so much.





















I read that there were 40,000 people Saturday and 100,000 people Sunday. So it got to be a little hard to move around, but was well worth and we'll see you there next year.

Popular posts from this blog

Poems of the Spanish Mystics

brad paisley shirtless photos