Shrimp Scampi Pasta

My gardener and I went looking for a new gas stove yesterday. As a result, we went into a few stores that we hadn't yet visited in HAVRE, MONTANA.

One of the stores was just up my alley. They had all sorts of kitchen gadgets and utensils, spices, seasoning packets, and lots of different shapes of pasta.

I could live in that store. I found this Shrimp Scampi Gourmet Pasta Sauce Blend "Because pasta without our sauce is just noodles!" TM.

My gardener loves shrimp. I love my gardener. What to fix for dinner was a no brainer! The recipe calls for mushrooms, green onions, the seasoning mix, 1 cup water, and 1 cup wine. Pretty simple. Melt some butter in a pan. While the butter was melting, I went outside to take some pictures of Big Sky Country. A storm was brewing...The wind came up, the sky turned black...And it snowed!
Not a lot of snow... just a few flakes fluttering by. About 8 minutes later, the sky was clear and the sun was shining. Back to the stove! When the butter has melted, add the shrimp. Cook just until they turn pink. You don't want to overcook them! Remove the shrimp from the pan and add the seasoning mix. Add the water and wine. Add the mushrooms. Give it a stir and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced a little. Put the shrimp back in the pan and add the green onions. Cook for just a minute or two more. Serve over angel hair pasta. This was really, really good. If you want to give this a try, you can find the seasoning packet here.

Popular posts from this blog

Poems of the Spanish Mystics

brad paisley shirtless photos