Learn 44 things about your friends, and let them learn 44 things about you! If you would like to pick up this tag and post it on your blog, be my guest!
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Not too much. However, I might like BLUE cheese if it were really cream cheese that has been made into cream cheese frosting with blue food coloring in it and used to frost a CAKE! You all already know that I like cake.
2. Have you ever smoked? No, I haven't.
3. Do you own a gun? Yes, I have a cookie shooter/cake icing gun. You know the ones with a tube you fill up with cookie dough or cake icing and then turn the handle and it squirts out little star or flower shaped cookies or a fancy squiggle design of icing to frost a cake with.
What? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh. You mean a gun like you shoot people or animals with? No, I do not own that kind of gun. My sons own some antique guns that were passed on to them from my Dad, but we have no ammunition for them. They belonged to his father before that. They are family heirlooms not weapons. Here's a picture of one of them.
4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite? We never got to drink much Kool-Aid as kids. Mom said it had too much sugar in it and gave us milk to drink instead. I guess if I were to choose a flavor, I'd have to say Red. What? Oh. Red's not a flavor. Sheesh, you guys are hard to please. OK, all right, I'll say fruit punch then.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No, not nervous really. I'm not particularly fond of doctor's appointments, but I don't usually get nervous going there. There are other things I'd rather do than hang out at the Dr.'s office, but my Dr. is kind and gentle and gives good advice so I consider him a friend who is there to help me if I need it.
6. Do you eat hot dogs? Yes, occasionally I do. And yes, I also know that I probably shouldn't do that, not even occasionally.
(Well, of course the hot dog is dancing---did you forget what blog you are on?)
7. Favorite Christmas movie or movies? Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and It's a Wonderful Life
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Hot tea, small glass of orange juice, and big glass of milk with chocolate Carnation Instant breakfast mix in it---that's my usual breakfast
9. Can you do push ups? Well, yes, of course!!! Everybody likes those, right?
What? Oh....... I guess you mean these kind of push ups?
I suppose I could do that kind if I wanted to. I don't really want to though.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I very rarely wear jewelry except for my wedding and engagement rings. I do wear earrings once in a while to church or to get dressed up to go to a wedding or other occasion. My favorite pair of earrings are plain pearls that go with anything.
11. Favorite hobbies? reading, listening to music, dancing, enjoying nature, going for long walks
12. Do you have A.D.D.? I'm sorry, what was the question? I was distracted by a shiny object.
(OK, that was sort of a joke. A bad one and sort of an inside joke, I suppose.)
Well, I have to tell you, I am married to a school psychologist who works with children, some of whom have attention deficit disorder, so I hear a lot about that topic just in daily conversation around here. In reality, no I don't think I have attention deficit disorder. I am sometimes easily sidetracked though.
I'll go into a room to get a book and notice that the shelves need to be dusted, and I'll go to get a dust cloth to dust the shelves, and I'll notice that the dog needs fresh water in his bowl, and I'll go to the kitchen to get him some water, and I'll notice that I forgot to finish washing the dishes because I had to stop and answer the phone, and the phone call was about a friend who wanted to borrow a book, and well.....you get the idea.
13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? See the answer to the previous question.
14. Middle name? Lee....you know like the jeans
or like the General
Oh look.....there I am up on top of the General!! Oh no, wait, that's a different Daisy.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? My older son is home now for his Thanksgiving break from college. I'm very glad to see him because I have missed him. I'm going to have to get more groceries. Do you have any idea how much food teenage boys can go through in just a short amount of time? The younger brother is happy to have his video game playing partner back again for a while. Is that three yet? Close enough.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Milk, hot tea, diet Coke or diet Pepsi
17. Current worry? My mother's health. Plans for her to move to a senior apartment or assisted living facility have not worked out yet, so she lives alone. She has balance problems and falls frequently. I worry about her.
18. Current hate right now? the cold and snow that I know are ahead---I'm just not cut out for Ohio winters, I'm afraid
19. Favorite place to be? at home (most of the time)
20. How did you bring in the New Year? The New Year?---generally I sleep through that one, at least the staying up late to ring in the new year part. Working a jigsaw puzzle together on New Year's Day is sort of a family tradition though. What can I say, I lead an exciting life!! HA! :)
21. Where would you like to go? Why? Do you want to take me somewhere? Come on, let's go!! We can go DANCING, or out to eat, or to a movie, or to a concert, or a museum, or to watch a play. I'm flexible. Where do YOU want to go?
23. Do you own slippers? YES! Several pairs. My feet are always cold even when wearing slippers. I even have a pair of little green footies that my mom crocheted for me that I wear to bed in an attempt to warm up my little icicle toes.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? It's a white sweater with a black swirly design in it that if you stare at it long enough it will make you dizzy.
25.Question #25 was missing on Tink's blog, so I'm going to use it like the free space on a bingo card and not answer it. HA HA!
26. Can you whistle? A note or two, yes---a tune, sadly no. Although I do very much like the song, "Whistle a Happy Tune" from the movie The King and I.
27. Favorite color? Yellow!! (and sometimes blue, too)
28. Would you be a pirate? No, I don't think so. I'm afraid I would be seasick too much of the time to be of much use.
I know I would NOT like having a parrot sitting on my shoulder. It would remind me too much of the movie The Birds.
I wouldn't want to wear one of those bandanna things on my head because then I would have bandanna hair, and I already have enough issues with my hair that on good days is curly and on bad days is frizzy. I bet the sea air would make my hair even frizzier too! Also I hate mopping the floor so I wouldn't want to have to swab the deck if the captain asked me to,
and then he'd probably make me walk the plank for refusing, and I REALLY, REALLY don't like to be in water that is over my head because I'm not a good swimmer and don't like to swim. So I see ABSOLUTELY nothing good coming out of me being a pirate.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Now wait just a minute. How did you know I sing in the shower?!!!! Well, I do sing in the shower, as a matter of fact. I sing whatever happens to be in my head at the time which could be just about anything.
30. Favorite girl's name? If I had had a daughter, I would have wanted to name her Molly or Jean or Lily---my husband didn't really care for any of those. However, we had two sons, so we never had to come to terms with that difference of opinion.
31. Favorite boy's name? When I was expecting, I liked the name Jeremy. My husband did NOT like the name Jeremy. His choice was Rutger or Wolfgang or the two of them together with one as the first name and one as the middle name (rolling my eyes!!!). We decided on two names other than the ones above for our two sons. I would like to think they are probably better off that I was there to keep my husband from naming them Rutger and Wolfgang! HA!
32. What's in your pocket right now? Not a thing!! And I am really glad you didn't ask me what is in my purse right now!
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Other than all the wonderful funny things I read on the blogs of my friends, I would have to say, my mom. I took her to the eye doctor this morning. I was helping her get in the car, and I told her to watch her head as she got in. She gave me a sly grin and said, "I can't, my eyes are in it!" Corny, I know, but because she was pleased with herself, and it made her laugh, it made me laugh too.
34. Best bed sheets as a child? I don't remember much about my bedsheets as a child. As far as I can remember, they were just plain white. I did have a bedspread that I really liked though. It was white with beautiful pink roses all over it.
35. Worst injury you've ever had? I've been pretty lucky in that department. I guess the worst injuries I've had were to my knees. In high school I injured my right knee on the trampoline in gym class. Twisted it the wrong way and landed on it wrong or something. Lots of swelling, bruises and pain. A few years back I fell and injured my left knee. It swelled up about three times regular size and turned some interesting colors. More pain. So as a result, both knees complain a bit going up and down stairs and in cold or stormy weather, but otherwise I get along fine.
36. Do you love where you live? In the spring I ABSOLUTELY do. I like the summer and fall too. Winter, I'd much rather be somewhere farther south. I guess three out of four isn't too bad though, eh?
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? three
38. Who is your loudest friend? Hmm...not too sure of the answer to this one. Most of my friends are fairly quiet. My husband and sons have a lot of loud friends to make up for that though. HA HA! Maybe I have some loud blogger friends? That's a tough one to call because I only have my imagination to use to answer that question. Sometimes my imagination is wrong.
39. How many dogs do you have? one, my toy poodle Max
40. Does someone have a crush on you? I don't know. I guess you'd have to ask "someone" that question! I'm thinking that maybe this Smurf has a crush on me, but I'm not sure. He seems happy to be holding me, don't you think?
41. What is your favorite book? Oh come on now, I was a student with a Creative Writing Major/English minor in college, I work as a librarian, and there are six bookshelves in my house that are stuffed to overflowing with books as well as piles of books sitting about on tables and desks and so forth throughout nearly every room in my house. Do you really expect me to be able to choose only one book? I don't think I could do that. Some of my favorite authors are listed in my profile if you really want to know them.
42. What is your favorite candy? Reese's peanut butter cups or Brach's Bridge Mix or well, most things chocolate
43. Favorite Sports Team? Sorry, I don't follow sports. My only "favorite" teams would be those that my sons play on. My older son's college track team will be one this spring when he will be pole vaulting for them, my younger son's football team was this past fall when we was on that team, and in a short while his wrestling team too will be counted as my favorites.
44. What songs do you want played at your funeral? "I'll Fly Away," "Amazing Grace," and a couple of songs I love by John Denver, "The Wings That Fly Us Home"
and "When the River Meets the Sea."
Well there you have it. You know now more about me than you probably ever wanted to know! If you'd like to give this tag a whirl, consider yourself tagged. You don't have to put in a bunch of wacky pictures like I did. You could be more sensible and just answer the questions. Then maybe you could get it posted in less than the three days it took me to get this one done!
Visit justin bieber for Daily Updated fashion photography Collection