Caught in a trance

We have a team at SP Jain that was christened by our seniors as GASP.(Guild of Actors at SP) .It is a group of people with a love for theater and this year we are are working towards bringing out our own production of a play sometime in Feb. The script, direction team and the cast got settled less than a week ago ..And we have been meeting every day for atleast 2 hours since then for practice. Its fun and serious work that goes on in these meetings.

Feeling good today.Our play had three Acts and we rehearsed the First Act completely today.. We were (and are) yet to completely memorize the dialogues but this is what happpened . The twelve cast members kept saying their dialogues one after another and suddenly no one had anything to speak..I shouted more out of instinct "Guys...Act I Over". And the fifteen who were there clapped in relief,excitement.. whatever you call it.... again ,instinctly.Funny!There are times that are momentary landmarks in life and yet they seem so insignificant in life that you dont stop to acknowledge them. It almost happened today.But I am glad it dint pass away just like that. On my way back I was speaking to Rajeev and Sachin about it.And I am still thinking about it.It was a 25 page Act and we had been working on it since only the last week.

Martin once showed me this quote in a mail sent by one of his friends.



If a man could pass through Paradise in a dream, and have a flower presented to him as a pledge that his soul had really been there, and if he found that flower in his hand when he awake - Aye, what then? -Samuel Taylor Coleridge



I dint find anything striking about the quote the day he showed it to me and would not stop gushing over Coleridge's skills



Today I think for that one moment I had that flower in my hand...





Popular posts from this blog

Poems of the Spanish Mystics

brad paisley shirtless photos