Pasta with Veggies

Here are my basic 'leftover' ingredients for last night's dinner: green onion, two roma tomatoes, cooked zuchinni and crookneck squash, and grilled corn on the cob. B doesn't like meatless meals, so I'm going to use some of the leftover pork loin to add to his plate :)
I grabbed my spices froom the cupboard... granulated garlic, dried parsley, red pepper flakes, black pepper, dried rosemary, and a bay leaf. I added a 'special ingredient'... one filet of anchovy! (Oh please... have you ever even tasted anchovies?) The anchovy will 'melt' in the oil and will add a dimension of flavor to the sauce that will be delicious, but undetectable! Trust me on this!




Ok... time to get the pasta cooking. I add a little oil to the water... the pasta won't stick and the pot won't boil over! I love different pasta and shapes, but for this dish I'm using regular spaghetti.


I put the red pepper flakes, chopped onion, bay leaf, and anchovy filet in a pan with some olive oil. These ingredients simmered away while I rough-chopped the veggies and cut the corn from the cob.
Add a can of tomato sauce to the veggies and let them simmer. The sauce should be thick enough, but if not, add a couple tablespoons of tomato paste and that will thicken the sauce!

Put the pasta on a plate, top it with the veggie sauce. Now grate some fresh parmesan cheese on top of that!
Fix some garlic bread and a salad, pour a nice glass of wine and enjoy!






Popular posts from this blog

Poems of the Spanish Mystics

brad paisley shirtless photos