Second Chances: I Will Never Take You For Granted Again

The following story was written for entertainment purposes only. It is a fictional work derived from the mind of the writer and in no way should be taken as a factual account of any past or planned event. Anyone mentioned in this story is done so in a fictional fashion. Any names used are purely coincidental and does not mean that the characters have any life outside the writer’s imagination.

I strongly advise you to only read what you are personally comfortable with. I will not feel personally responsible for any discomfort you feel after reading my post since I have given you ample warning to its content. Once again the following post is meant to be read by mature audiences capable of making consensual decisions. If this is not you please stop reading immediately.
……
…....


I stood staring out the window waiting as I had done so many evenings before. He was late again but this was really no surprise; he is late frequently. In fact Jay rarely ever arrived home on time. I normally do not allow myself to get angry about it because love helps people accept your lover’s inadequacies, but this night as I watched my ice cream cake melt and the lasagna grow cold I lost myself in anger. I knew my anger would never change anything but it felt good to lose myself in the passionate fury.

As I stood there in my lace lingerie and high heeled shoes I thought about how many times he had been late over the last year but it was always with a good excuse. Minutes turned into an hour as my high heeled shoes impatiently tapped against the hardwood floors.

Finally I heard a car outside and then a knock on the door. I thought he must have forgotten his key and ran to the door to answer it. Two men in full military uniform were standing at my front door. I grab the curtain to hide my body. They introduce themselves to me and I reciprocated. I didn’t hear anything after the older man said, “Dreadfully sorry ma’am…” I stood there still half dressed with the curtain across my half naked body.

Just as the men walked away my cell phone rings and he is on the other end. “I was called into a last minute meeting sweetheart. I will be home soon.” Now the man’s words came to me clearly, “Dreadfully sorry ma’am to inconvenience you. We have the wrong address.” I watched in deep sorrow as the car pulled into my neighbor’s driveway; however I felt like I was given a second chance to show him how much I love him and leave the petty jealousies and anger behind. Isn’t life really so much more valuable to me than cold food? I can always warm it in the microwave but once he is gone that is forever.

I was waiting for him at the door as he arrived. I wrapped myself around him as he carried me through the house removing his uniform as we went. I remained wrapped around him the rest of the night as I held him tighter than ever before. This day was a turning point in our relationship and I will never take him for granted again. I am a very lucky woman to have him in my life and I will never forget that again.

Popular posts from this blog

Poems of the Spanish Mystics

brad paisley shirtless photos