Primed and Ready To Go for the Read-a-thon

Ready, set, go! And we're off! It's time for the October 24-hour Read-a-thon, and I'm all set. I've got my books...

I'm settled on the couch and I've got chips, candy, chocolate tres leches cake, margherita pizza, and soda (which I almost never drink otherwise). Time to get to it. I only have about 150 pages left in The Queen's Pawn, and I am only about 280 pages into Under the Dome. I think I may start on The Maze Runner after I finish The Queen's Pawn.

I've done this read-a-thon a couple of times now, and each time I swear that I will spend more time reading and less time blogging. I vow that once again this year! My goal is to simply read more than last year, which shouldn't be too difficult! Last year I only read about 245 pages. In order to do this, I need to do fewer mini-challenges. I always get too caught up with the computer and not enough with the books.

Hmmmm... the host wants me to mention 3 things about me?
  1. I have 5 cats (Fancy, Momma, Simon, Delilah and Shotsie), a lovebird (Odie) and a turtle (Eleanor).
  2. I am living in a beautiful south Florida, which has suddenly gone from hot and humid to pleasantly sunny and comfortable!
  3. I have an embarrassingly overgrown lawn and garden beds.
I'll be checking in here, and I'll see you all at the finish line! Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Poems of the Spanish Mystics

brad paisley shirtless photos